Friday, June 18, 2010

Tdap is not fun

Since I have animals and I garden, and I scratch and cut myself pretty regularly outside, I get a tetanus shot every 5 years(in years divisible by five so I know when the heck I had it last). This last time the doctor insisted I needed a Tdap (tetanus, pertussis and diphtheria or somesuch). I just got over a virus with a nast fever not two weeks ago. Now I have a nasty welt and a fever again. *bah* I'd say "not doing that again", but I don't have to do it again unless they decide to change the recommendations. If they change them I doubt I'll take it again anyway unless I have a lot of close contact with babies.

I finished another Christmas cameo ornament today. I am totally not in the mood for Christmas, so I started a Halloween one instead of another Christmas one. I definitely have Halloween on the brain lately. I think I will make butter mints and maybe chevre mints this weekend (cream cheese mints, only I'll substitute chevre in). Since I usually mold my mints, I will probably just make them in Halloween shapes and freeze some. That'll give me a chance to play with some of the new molds I got last year but didn't have a chance to use. The ideal mint mold does not have too many fiddly bits for the fondant to get caught in. Then you pop it out and let it dry and either eat or freeze.

No comments: