Wednesday, June 30, 2010

general update

Well, the storm door I have been trying to get my husband to replace almost since we moved into the place finally gave its last gasp last night and stopped even pretending to open this morning. It is mostly replaced now. It feels really nice to have a front storm door that works.

On the down side, my last young renal failure cat seems to be on the final slopes. We hope he'll turn around and rally again, but it seems unlikely. That will be 5 cats this year, and 4 of them to renal failure. Not happiness making. :( Still, I knew a lot of them were damaged when I adopted them. Not fun, though.

It remains cooler. I am hoping my rennet and my cheese press come tomorrow. I think I picked about teh best week I could to order the stuff given that it has been cooler this week than it has been for a long time.

I remain resolved to have a fall garden since I have almost no summer garden to speak of. Since we've had all this nice rain and cooler weather, I have been working on getting my garden into shape - basically cleaning and re-mulching beds - so it will be ready for this fall. I am trying to be good and get it all done now so that when it gets hot again it's done and I will have much less work to do to keep it under control. Mulch is wonderful stuff in terms of keeping down the weeds.

No comments: