Thursday, June 4, 2009

Could be dangerous

Every recipe for Mocha Java chillers I saw used ice and a blender. The stuff is made with soft serve as far as I know. I know DQ Moolattes have ice in them, but I never thought they were supposed to. I thought that was DQ having bad soft serve machines.

My recipe:

2 Tbs cocoa powder
1/3 cup sugar
1Tbs espresso powder
small amount of water
1.5 cups half and half
1.5 cups goats milk (or cows milk)
dash of vanilla

Make a paste of the coca, sugar, and espresso powder with just enough water to get them to paste form. Add vanilla. Add cream and milk and stir well. Pour into quart "instant" ice cream maker and chill about 10 minutes. Spoon into glasses and add a drizzle of carmel syrup if you want. Eat. Serves 2.

Cream costs $2.66 a quart at Wal-mart right now, goat milk comes from my goat...Mocha Java chillers cost $2.89 each AND I don't have to drive into town to get it if I make it.

No comments: